This recipe is what the DUH in Duh-licious is all about! All you need is 5 ingredients, and you have yourself a 5-star dessert.
I made this tart over the holidays for a quick and easy dessert; you can make them in all sizes and shape pans for any occasion (…like Valentine’s day!).
Chocolate Coconut Tart
- 4 T butter, melted - 14 oz package sweetened shredded coconut, pulsed in a food processor - 1/4 cup granulated sugar - 1 1/4 cup heavy cream **approx 35% fat - 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate (approx.56% cocoa), finely chopped. ** make sure you use high-quality chocolate, like Lindt.
For the crust:
1.Preheat heat oven to 350.
2. ]In a small sauce-pan, melt butter on low heat. Transfer to a medium-size, heat resistant bowl and add coconut– stir until well combined.
3.Press coconut mixture into bottom and up the sides of pan to form a crust, leaving top edges loose and fluffy (I used 2, 6″ round spring pans; you can use any size).
Make sure you use a springform pan, or a tart pan with a removable bottom to make it easy to pop out the tart shells.
4. Bake on a parchment-lined cookie sheet for 10-15 minutes until the tart is golden brown. If you find that the edges are cooking faster than the center, cover the edges foil to avoid burning.
Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
For the chocolate ganache filling:
1. Bring cream and sugar just to a boil in a small saucepan;
2. Pour over chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. Continuously tir until chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is combined; at first, it will look split, but as the chocolate melts it will come together.
3.Pour into coconut crust. Refrigerate until chocolate is set, 1 hour, or up to a day. Garnish with chocolate decorations if desired.